Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
Twink Guide Section - Best in Slot - Herald of the Titans in 80-89 Bracket
    oh poop!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Best in Slot - Herald of the Titans

Best in Slot - Herald of the Titans

Before going berserk with getting your gear, keep in mind that you dont need this gear to be able to do the achivement. All you need is a competent group, that knows what it's supposed to do.. This "guide" simply offers people the option to know what gear they should get, if they were required to get the absolutely best in slot gear

Enjoy
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________________
    Warrior

Arms
    Arms spec1: Mastery > Crit/Haste - By Splosion

Fury
    Fury Spec1: Mastery > Crit/Haste - Same as Arms, just with 2 weps.- By Splosion

Protection
    Prot spec1: Mastery > Other
    - By Me

__________________________________________________ _____________________________________
    Paladin

Holy
    Holy spec 1! Mastery > Crit > Haste > Spirit.. Less focus on spirit, because the mastery should make so you dont have to make as many casts. Also the Meteorite Crystal (trinket 1)'s use should make up for it. - By Me, help from Falkor's thread

Holy spec 2!
    Spirit = Haste > Crit/Master...By Splosion
    Haste is king here, and for good reason. Spirit is also chosen because it provides the regen (along with the two spirit trinkets) that is necessary for such a heavy tank-healing fight.

Retribution
    Herald of the Titans Mastery > Crit/Haste > ()-By Splosion and edited by me

Protection
    Protection 1 Mastery > Other . - By Splosion

Hunter

Herald of the Titans: Mastery > Haste = Crit - By Me
    Check out this thread for some info about Hunter trinkets.

Rogue
    Combat
    Spec1: Mastery > other - By Me

Assasination & Sublety
    Dagger rogue char: Mastery > other - By Me

Priest
    Holy and Discipline
    Spec 1: Mastery > Spirit > Haste/crit - By Me

Shadow
    spec1: Mastery > Haste > Crit - By Splosion

Deathknight

Blood
    Spec1: Mastery > Other By Me

Frost & Unholy
    Two-hand Chardev: Mastery > Other... Should be used if you play Unholy, since frost is better with dualwield
    - By Me

One-hand Chardev: Mastery > Other ... Best for frost Deathknights, instead of a 2hander.
    - By Me

Shaman

Restoration
    Resto 1 Mostly focus on haste & spirit, with the minimum mastery on 8.0 .. -By someone Nesyla knows.

Enhancement
    Enha 1 Mastery > Crit > Haste... Hit capped special attacks, wont go as far as capping whitehits.

Elemental
    Ele 1: Haste / Master > Other..

Warlock

Afflication Warlock 1: Focus on haste, though pretty low mastery: Haste >Master>=Crit -By Splosion
    Quote Originally Posted by Splosion View Post
    For demonology/destruction, the gear stays the same, just swap the reforging around to suit your needs (wowreforge doesn't recognise the 6 hit socket bonus from the Pulsar Gloves, so remember to have the hitcap at 440 to compensate for this).
    Druid
    Feral
    Herald of the Titans 1.. Mastery > all .... - By Soberlol (Taken from this thread)
    Herald of the Titans 2... Mastery >= Crit = Haste. - By Falkor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falkor
    706 dps, 5888 ap, 8% haste, 8% hit (capped), 47% crit, 19 expertise (cap is 23 like i said, unless it was ninja reverted) and 15.17 mastery so overall its better imo (compared to sobers) unless youre purely mastery stacking and want that extra .26 mastery (which probably wouldnt even bump up the % bleeds do, i think it only goes off whole or half #s)
    Balance
    Spec1: Mastery > Haste > crit - By Me

Restoration
    spec1: Haste/master > spirit > other - By Me

Mage

Herald of the Titans Mastery > Crit = Haste - By Splosion
    Last edited by Oliks; 07-09-2013 at 03:40 AM.
    Likes Metamorfos, Splosion, Aelobin liked this post

oh poop!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Checklog

8'th February 2012
    -Moved all Chardevs from 80 best in slots to here
    -Added Darkmoon Card: Greatness to hunter Herald. Removed Darkmatter
    -Updated Retribution paladin spec, from Blacksmith to Engineering

9'th February 2012
    -Added the Holy paladin chardev and edited profs -By splosion
    -Added Retribution chardev and edited gems - By Splosion
    -Updated Warlock chardev with help from Splosion.
    -Added and edited an old enhancement chardev I had lying around
    -Added Protection pala spec, by Splosion
    -Edited look to keep it more seperated
    -Edited hunter leg enchant
    -removed proffesions from each chardev, so people from now on, should add their own proffesions to the chardev they decide to use
    -fixed warlock chardev on thread ( wasnt showing )

10'th February 2012
    -Updated hunter chardev.

13'th February 2012
    -Added Arms warrior chardev.
    -Added Fury warrior chardev.
    -Added Prot warrior chardev.
    -Updated Arms chardev, so it was hitcapped.
    -Added Blood Deathknight chardev.
    -Added Frost & Unholy Two-hander chardev.
    -Added Frost & Unholy One-hand chardev.
    -Added Combat rogue chardev.
    -Added Sublety & Assasination chardev.
    -Added Shadowpriest chardev.
    -Added Balance druid chardev.
    -Added resto druid chardev.
    -Added Holy & Disc priest chardev.
    -Added Elemental shaman chardev.
    -Requested Sticky.

11'th June 2012
    -Changed UI a bit

Some date in june/july 2013.
    -Updated so the chardevs now work again in MOP.
    Last edited by Oliks; 08-14-2013 at 10:59 PM.

Pug

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I made a BIS-list for Protection Paladins. Im open for suggestion to changes.

Here is the link.

Edit: I'll update the list with gems.
    Edit 2: Updated.
    Last edited by Kenkenski; 02-08-2012 at 04:45 AM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenkenski View Post
    I made a BIS-list for Protection Paladins. Im open for suggestion to changes.

Here is the link.

Edit: I'll update the list with gems.
    Edit 2: Updated.
    Um, swap that nightmare tear/champion's ametrine(s)/armsman enchant/titanium plating for something more useful, and reforge practically everything to mastery.

My take on the same thing: chardev 9

CTC is very, very valuable for protection paladins. If we could get mastery gems at 80, we'd use them, but as it stands, basic dodge/parry gems just aren't worth it. This leads us to two things. Gemming for stamina intelligently (matching everything worth 9 stam or more), and reforging for the largest amount of mastery possible (this often involves reforging avoidances rather than exp/hit). Tuskarr's vitality isn't useful, simply because there isn't a fantastic amount of (unplanned) moving on algalon, which the set is made for. Armsman has similar issues, because threat is a non-issue. In both these slots a savage armor kit is available, and so is used.

Same, just for holy: chardev 9

Holy paladin mastery isn't good. It's nice to have, but not the stat which you stack. Spirit is far more useful (in the case of algalon) because the tanks take a lot of fast, hard damage. Which means lots of divine light/flash of light usage, because holy light just doesn't cut it. So, we jump back to which is the better throughput stat. Because algalon hits so fast, it's entirely possible that in either the gcd or the cast of your spell, the tank will drop to 50% or less health. This rules out most of the throughput stats, because you're likely to lose a tank if he's gone without your healing for much longer. Haste is king here, and for good reason. Spirit is also chosen because it provides the regen (along with the two spirit trinkets) that is necessary for such a heavy tank-healing fight.

I've already contributed the retribution chardev, but I've made a small change: chardev 9

The algalon drop offset shoulders have more sockets and stats than the tier equivalent. This makes them by far the best offset to use, and thus I've swapped them back in. Hit/expertise are still capped, and mastery>haste/crit (haste is useful because of how much we gain per stat point, but not useful enough)

Also Oliks, I'm in the process of constructing PvE BiS for holy/ret/prot paladins, arms/fury/prot warriors, frost/blood dks (Aelobin will probably tell me something I'm missing I'm sure), arcane/frost mages, and all specs of rogue. Do you want me to wait until you've made the PvE BiS thread? or do you want me to just add them to the existing BiS thread.
    Last edited by Splosion; 02-08-2012 at 12:38 PM.
    70s: Death Knight Warrior Paladin
    80s: Paladin Death Knight Warrior Mage Monk
    85s: Rogue
    Everything is the only thing I've seen people complain about in WoW.

Pug

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    -The warlock trinkets suck

-Gemming for the warlock set bonuses are NOT optimal.

-Some of the enchants are wrong aswell such as the weapon enchant

-That Necklace is not BIS

-It's not hit capped

-I don't believe you're at the proper haste threshold for the extra DoT tickets as destro either

-The spellthread on the pants is wrong, use the stam one.

-The bracers should be the Kologarn 25man bracers aswell

-Your weapon should be that of the 10man Anub weapon, Perdition, aswell.

(Source:85 Herald of the Titans Warlock + 80 Warlock Twink)

Twink

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    had a topic about herald trinkets for hunters and most agreed that greatness was OP as hell and best but dark matter did beat out wrathstone

wait wait wait, edit edit

for hunter: Mastery > crit > haste

just change the belt to the ulduar crafted one (belt of dragons) with 2 sockets and a 3rd with a buckle and it drops the hit to 8.13%

also i am pretty sure the scope that proc's 800 ranged ap is better then 40 ranged crit one

every item should be reforged to mastery using haste or hit when possible over crit (leave the gun's hit alone tho)

logged in my herald set: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...byzal/advanced , not BIS just yet but working on last few items (need a gem and few enchants yet too)
    Last edited by Lazybum; 02-08-2012 at 09:02 PM. Reason: spelling

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jekalu View Post
    -The warlock trinkets suck

-Gemming for the warlock set bonuses are NOT optimal.

-Some of the enchants are wrong aswell such as the weapon enchant

-That Necklace is not BIS

-It's not hit capped

-I don't believe you're at the proper haste threshold for the extra DoT tickets as destro either

-The spellthread on the pants is wrong, use the stam one.

-The bracers should be the Kologarn 25man bracers aswell

-Your weapon should be that of the 10man Anub weapon, Perdition, aswell.

(Source:85 Herald of the Titans Warlock + 80 Warlock Twink)
    17% hit looks fairly reasonable to me.

Agreed on neck, Trinkets should be Pandora's plea + Illustration of the dragon soul I assume.

What is the haste cap? I assume haste is better than mastery for everything except demonology, and the chosen spec isn't specified.

Leg enchant is minimal at best, but agreed.

Why Perdition? Illumination has more sockets -> more int, and int > haste.

Agreed on kologarn bracers

Not even sure that 4set is useful, since crit isn't that good.

Try this: chardev 9

Exactly spell hit capped (although the original one was .42% over)

Less haste, but 300 more SP. Items could probably improved (there are a couple offset pieces that could replace tier, since I'm not sure about the 4set

Sources don't usually matter, as long as you bring decent math to the table to back up your claims. Oliks has put a lot of work into these, so it isn't exactly fair to criticize him without saying why.
    70s: Death Knight Warrior Paladin
    80s: Paladin Death Knight Warrior Mage Monk
    85s: Rogue
    Everything is the only thing I've seen people complain about in WoW.

Twink

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    also with any bis for herald im pretty sure inscription is best profession to have since you can get the lvl 85 shoulder enchants for hunters that is 130 agi and 25 mastery way better then the rep ones for lvl 80

not sure on a 2nd profession, have alch for the trinket but trinket is i359 so it is bis for pve (non herald) wonder if enchanting for the 85 ring enchants would work. looked at someone's enchanting in game max lvl on my 80 and it just says requires 475 enchanting and with my other skills at 505 each guess it would work. so enchanting would offer +80 stats on rings vs JCs +42 stats since 85 JC gems have 285 ilvl requirement

think in herald terms only engineering would be only other profession worth thinking about with its +480 stat for 10 sec on 60 sec cooldown glove enchant and belt tinker that absorbs 18k dmg usable every 5 min. I think engineering would prob rate slightly above enhcanting just for herald.

first aid max lvl or at least 500 would allow you to use Dense Embersilk Bandages which heal for 35000 over 8 seconds and in herald gear i have 24.3k hp. Would provide an oh shit i need a heal fast if things go wrong and healers are busy else where in herald.

Level 80 potions heal for 25k as well a bit over my HP total unbuffed. As well as you can use +90 stam +90 stat food and cata flasks which are +300 stat. The pots people use b4 pulls and then again in boss fights at 85 are the +1200 stat and these will work for an 80 in herald as well.
    Last edited by Lazybum; 02-08-2012 at 09:31 PM.

80 & 85 DK Twink

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    There's also LW bracer enchants and engi glove tinkers to consider
    Author of MogIt, the transmogrification addon
    80 & 85 DK Soloing Videos

Twink

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    must edited b4 i refreshed page to see your comment, tho i think with LW you might be able to use the 85 leg enchants as well.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information