General Twinks Section - Incompetent GameMasters. Newest trend? in Twink Battleground Brackets

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Incompetent GameMasters. Newest trend?

Likes Mocha liked this post

TI Legend

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Re: Incompetent GameMasters. Newest trend?

I don't have an EU account to post on, but I would definitely have something to say after just running through 7 GMs who gave me the same response about transferring the gear from my level 20 monk to my 19.

And that Amarielle poster is just another GM suck-up...most of his/her posts are of him trying to be a backseat customer support rep. Obviously we know GMs make mistakes because they are human, but if half of the GMs you get are incompetent, then something is wrong.
    Likes Mesikämmen, lindenkron liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Exactly. They try to make it out as if this is an isolated situation which is not the case these days.

Pug

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have had this aswell, i don't think its a problem that exists only now. To me it seems like there is absolutly no reason to post that on the support forum, you and I have no influence on there gm recruitment procces and i don't think any amount of post is gonna change that.

What i do is just plain stupidity prevention, i always write my tickets in a way that is as fool proof as possible and with some sort of happy uptempo style to it to make sure they actually read it...
    Basicly there are a couple of rules
    1: Always say that you have tried the thing they generally recommend, even though you haven't becuase you know it fails (For example: lost mail is not in the restore system)
    2: Write what happend in baby steps, best done numbering the steps just like this
    3: Never expect that they have played or play the game and understand your wow slang, ive had them ask me what i meant by Lost in the Nether
    4: Stuff like "I Really hope you can help me!" "This was my favourite fell iron stack" and some childish humor go a long way in making them think twice about the ticket, i guess its a tedious job and any bit of lighting up the mood seems to help

Anyway, there a bunch of morons and i prefer taking 15 minutes of my time to make a ticket they understand in one go then making 2 minute tickets they don't understand with all the waits in between

Miss Kekki

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Like Sneaky, I don't have an EU account, or else I'd help bump your thread. My impression of the GMs recently is that they glance at your ticket and then find a form letter, that is distantly related to your ticket, to mail to you (which ends up not being remotely helpful). Also, it's kind of funny when they start off the letter with something like, "Sorry I wasn't able to talk with you directly in-game...". Why not? I've been online the whole time. rofl :P

TI CoC | Thanks to Apnea for the signature <3 | Rules/Facts of the 19 Bracket | RIP Sneaky

oh poop!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

When stuff like this happens i behave like a kid and use lots of caps and not afraid of showing how mad i am with blizzard and their gamemasters.. Usually get their attention up and running...

If that doesnt work i call blizz on skype and rage at the phone people (even though it's not their fault - i'm a bad person)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by malloot View Post
    1: Always say that you have tried the thing they generally recommend, even though you haven't becuase you know it fails (For example: lost mail is not in the restore system)
    I did that in the previous thread regarding an item I had accidentally sold while the restore system was on CD (Can only use once every 30 days). I got THREE GMs in a row that refereed me to the restore system even though I CLEARLY stated every time that I wasn't able to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurasia View Post
    "Sorry I wasn't able to talk with you directly in-game...". Why not? I've been online the whole time. rofl :P
    I get that 33% of the time. I'll randomly see my GM ticket replied to without having anyone even attempt to whisper me. Never had that prior to cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliks View Post
    If that doesnt work i call blizz on skype and rage at the phone people (even though it's not their fault - i'm a bad person)
    Is it your fault that that's what it takes to get their fucking attention? I think not.

Bad customer support will make people resort to these sort of things. Shouldn't be necessary imo.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

if i could comment on the thread i would, all the GM's i have asked for help seem to be deliberately obtuse even with the most simple of requests.
    It's a shame really, McDonald's have better customer service.
    RIP Sneaky

Tink

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thats almost a competent Game Master when you compare this to the average answers you get

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I've lost count of the amount of times i've logged a ticket... Waited online for a few hours... only to log out, log in and *poof* there's a mail in the mail box! -What does the mail read? "Hi there im SO sorry I didn't get to speak to you online!" - Orly? " But I'm sorry to say we can't sort your issue out, blah blah.. Feel free to mail us with any other queries!" -Ha

I remember once when the stats were changed on some now-Grandfathered items, in particular, my Skullbreaker had changed from Intellect to Strength, thus making it useless to me... Anyway, I made a ticket, very comprehensive, detailing every thing the GM would need to know to sort my problem... (Obviously I copypasta'd the text as nothing ever works first time)... FIVE tickets later with exactly the same ticket, a GM finally replaced my item.

Why should I have to send the same frigging ticket, FIVE times to get a response.. 20% of the staff know what they're talking about, or?

It's the same story every time I have a query... I open a ticket, then Notepad, so I can save it.. Cos you can bet this problem's gonna take 5 GM's and 2 weeks to resolve.
    Last edited by Kilda; 01-09-2013 at 09:33 AM.

TI Mods Unite, Lost in Amsterdam

Looking for a 20-24 P2P guild EU? TbaggerZ Draenor is recruitting!

» Twink Enchanter's BIS Formula list «

Kilda#2489 [EU]

Thread Information