Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
F2P Twinking - Blizzard on the issue of Lower level PvP among other things. in Twink Battleground Brackets
    Pug

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Re: Blizzard on the issue of Lower level PvP among other things.

Some specs are screwed by level requirement of abilities like ret and enhancement. raising us to lvl 24 in bgs is not gona fix jack if we dont have enough abilities compared to to other specs/classes. Exorcism and stormstrike could make rets and enhance useful if they were available earlier. TV and lava lash currently hit like wet noodles, TV shouldn't even be considered a finisher compared to 5cp eviscerate and ferocious bite.
    Meanwhile druids have tons of endgame abilities available early. Why does the most mobile class need a mobility tier as the 1st talent tier? Why does catform need 25% speed increase when you are not specced feral? Why do non ferals need an instant HoT?
    I say the people that the people who arranged the ability levels for each class did a terrible job at it.
    Last edited by vizardlord; 10-31-2012 at 09:57 AM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sounds bad.

Of course Blizz wouldn't want to spend a day simply balancing the low level brackets themselves.
    Aerie Peak F2Ps:

Tentacleman

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I can easily see the same thing happening that happened with CRZ.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by verh View Post
    I can easily see the same thing happening that happened with CRZ.
    You mean being messed up terribly, and hated by roughly the majority of the crap that is the WoW Forums?
    Avi art by Joe Wilson

Banned

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by KainUFC View Post
    Sounds bad.

Of course Blizz wouldn't want to spend a day simply balancing the low level brackets themselves.
    its seems blizzard only focus endgame, which is logicall as most of the player base is there but people like myself who only make 90s and get full pvped geared to help 19s get agm and play low level bracket feel as if there wasting there money. seeing as the brackets have been broken for nearly 2yrs.

Saying that most f2p'ers came in cata so they dont know any difference. but wrath to cata was a massive change and clearly isnt being fixed any time soon.

Balanced pvp (imo) is where 2 different classes can 1v1 and the out come of duel is based on when they used CDs, LoS etc etc, not who does most dmg fastest, which has become a common thing within wow. with that in mind, i find hard to understand how/why f2ps have egos. because clearly one of you playing an op class and thinking there good based on blizzard lack of balancing on low level pvp.
    Likes Chasee liked this post

TI MVP

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

so i suppose that means they want to merge the brackets back together (10-19 vs. 10-14 and 15-19)? Makes sense if they can figure it out. 29 will be the new 24...which was the new 19.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto View Post
    You mean being messed up terribly, and hated by roughly the majority of the crap that is the WoW Forums?
    They aren't the only people who hate it.

Banned

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Aradiel View Post
    If scaling means being hit capped against higher levels, that has to be a good thing. It's simple enough to give abilities at the bottom of the bracket instead of the top. The same with ability scaling.
    that means less total abillties and makes no sense to give level 20s, 24 abilites. THUS theres no point giving level requirements on any spells. might aswell give all level 90 spells at level 15.

then i guess it will make most 20s life hell as you gotta click spells on the other side of your screen :/

F2PAddon Author

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

With healing the way it is at the moment, I think 2 is a sufficient number of healers. Unless one of them is a druid, then you should only get one. Bastards.
    Last edited by Yasueh; 10-31-2012 at 03:34 PM.
    Likes Prøblem liked this post

F2P@AP-US
    H-{Yasueh Dashiki Guraan Roenya Sarthae Yiwei Yongbao Phazzi}
    A-{Dilfy Maledíctíon Conína Tsuda Cierona}
    P2P@AP-US
    H-{Skorble Relisa Faedelys Feipigu Woji}

Don't PM me about F2PAddon problems. YOU WILL BE IGNORED. Read the first post in this thread, and if the solutions there don't help, ask there.

rsq
    TI MVP

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I can't really tell if this is a serious attempt to 'balance' lower level pvp or just Ghostcrawler doing his optimistic-turned-incredibly-disappointing thing. Just reading through his post makes it seem as if, as always, they are not really concerned with anything but endgame.

This would hold some merit if all skills were learned at the beginning of a bracket (15,20,25...) and if everyone had equal hit cap rates and whatnot. I don't hold especially high hopes but I'm interested in seeing how it turns out. To hear about the idea of a class maximum per BG is also heartening.

Lastly, @ the GW2 comment - I would argue that the game is still in its infancy and even being in that state it has a more balanced PvP model than pretty much any other game of its type. A matchmaking system would be nice, but if you've been reading their developer comments that's... exactly what will be implemented in the coming updates. The big thing I'm waiting for in GW2 PvP is alternate game types. Hopefully they'll keep the Halloween PvP games in the world! If anything, those showed that the devs are creative and implement even silly fun things extremely well. I'm very excited to see more game types become a regular part of the PvP.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information